Hair Loss Problem

Hair loss usually happens in males, but quite a lot of females may also experience it. There are lots of different reasons why people lose their hair. So its very important to find out why it is happening to you. Most men will lose their hair, because its in their genetic setup. In quite a lot of cases this can take many years to happen, but in some extreme cases lots of people can experience sudden hair loss, were the hair rapidly begins to fall out. When this happens its important that you seek medical advice because it could be that you have a disease such as Alpociea, so quick treatment is the key to obtaining the best results.

Lets take a closer look at the scalp, on the average head there are around 100,000 to 150,000 hairs on the scalp. With these hairs growing from roots called follicles. The blood vessels at the base of each follicle provide the hair with nourishment which allows the hair to live and grow. Each strand of hair can grow at different rates to the next, usually 90% of the hairs are in the growth phase with the other 10% being in the resting phase meaning they are not growing. When the hairs are growing this usually lasts up to five years, after which these hair then go into the resting phase which is usually around 4 months, after which time they fall out. This is all perfectly normal, because the hairs that fall out are usually replaced with new hairs. But for people who are prone to hair loss, what usually happens is the hair are not replaced, or they are replaced with thinner and weaker hairs, which give the appearance of thinning hair and baldness.

In men the most common reason for baldness and thinning hair is male pattern baldness, which can begin as early as just after puberty. In some cases this can be treatable and reversed, but in most cases this is permanent. What happens is hair will usually begin to fall out and thin out around the temples and at the crown of your scalp. Which will result in a bald spot and a receding hair line. In lots of cases baldness can occur in both places at the same time, which will result in more obvious hair loss and baldness.

The causes of male pattern baldness are said to be through a combination of genetics and hormonal factors. Hormones such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) are said to be the main causes of baldness among men. Baldness in most cases is hereditary, so if you father is bald its highly likely that you will be to. Some people think that baldness is causes by wearing hats, this is nonsense. The same can be said for growing hair back through the means of massaging and brushing. Another big contributor for hair loss is stress, normal everyday stress will not usually contribute to hair loss. But if you are experiencing extreme stress then this can really play havoc with your hormones, which can lead to hair loss.

Lets take a quick look at some of the treatments that are out there for hair loss. There are herbal shampoos and remedies that are said to slow down and actually promote hair to grow back. There are medicines such as Minoxidil and Propecia that are said to help with hair loss. There are even home remedies that people use to help slow down hair loss, with some people swearing that these homemade treatments will allow you to grow back the hair that you have lost. With so many different treatments available, its very important that you do a little research and try to best understand the reasons behind why you are losing your hair.